A special consideration that all boat owners should make is getting boat covers for their boats. Boat covers will save your boat from damage in the long run.
How good a boat cover is all comes down to the quality of craftsmanship and choice of materials. The principal purpose of the cover is to protect your boat. Therefore, manufacturers should make boat covers essentially to suit and protect the vital elements of your boat.
The best boat covers include StormPro Heavy-Duty Trailerable, iCOVER Trailerable Heavy-Duty and MSC Heavy Duty Trailerable. A good boat cover keeps away elements that damage your boat's interior and exterior. They protect from cold, heat, water, mold, mildew, and scratch.
Buying a boat cover should be a straightforward process. A good boat cover should feature some standard attributes that are desirable. A boat cover can be virtually futile if it lacks the desirable features.
A boat is a significant investment; you should protect it from prolonging its value. Boat covers are affordable necessities every water lover should own to keep their boat in pristine condition.
10 Best Boat Covers
Boat covers come in handy and importantly serve to protect the valuable elements of your boat. Your craft's safety, longevity, and durability determine what type of boat cover you should buy.
What are some of the best boat covers in the market? Below is a list of the ten best boat covers.
1. StormPro Heavy-Duty Trailerable Boat Cover
Made and designed by the Classic Accessories brand, the StormPro Heavy-Duty Trailerable Boat Cover is one of the best boat covers on the market.
Apart from protecting your boat from harsh marine elements, this boat cover comes with marine-grade accessories that make it a worthy investment. It is suitable for V-hulls, runabouts, and outboard boats.
The StormPro boat cover is designed for extra durability, all-weather protection, and maximum water repellency. The fabric that coats this cover neither stretches nor shrinks. On the other hand, the support pole prevents water from accumulating, preserving the cover.
This boat cover also features dual rear air vents, which reduce wind pressure, allowing the boat's moisture to escape.
- This boat cover is trailerable and allows extra room for other boating accessories.
- It includes extra marine-grade boating accessories like support poles, storage bags, and tie-down straps.
- The elastic strap gives the cover a tight fit around the boat and makes it easy to fit.
- It has a support pole that prevents water from pooling around the boat.
2. iCOVER Trailerable Heavy-Duty Water Cover
The iCOVER Trailerable Heavy-Duty Water Cover is ideal for boat storage, trailering, and mooring. Thankfully, this boat cover features among the best at the most reasonable price.
It is available in a wide range of sizes from 12' to 24'. Therefore, this cover is versatile enough for different boat styles, including Bass boats, runabouts, fishing boats, V-hulls, and Tri-hulls.
The iCover is made from 300 denier polyester with a PVC coating made from polyurethane. Although the fabric can vary depending on the price, it is tough enough to withstand occasional wear and tear.
Unlike many boat covers, the iCover boat cover features air ventilation that is ideal for preventing moisture build-up. The build-up of moisture in boats typically leads to damage to some parts.
- It has an elastic hem which eases the fitting process. The elastic hem also keeps the cover tightly secured on the boat.
- The waterproof polyester material protects your boat from the water, dust, and other elements of the marine environment.
- It features web straps on the top and bottom for a firm grip.
- It has a reinforced bow.
- The quality of craftsmanship of this cover guarantees longevity.
3. MSC Heavy Duty Trailerable Boat Cover
MSC Heavy Duty Trailerable Boat Cover is a heavy-duty boat cover suitable for highway travel, mooring, and long-term storage.
This boat cover is made of marine grade polyester canvas that is water resistant and, therefore, durable. It also comes with a three-year manufacturer's warranty. This fabric does not stretch or shrink however much you use it. This cover features that enhance its overall performance positively.
The MSC boat cover comes with a storage bag you can keep while not in use. Adjustable straps with quick-release buckles make it a custom fit for most boat types. This boat cover has different sizes and styles.
MSC Boat Cover Size and Type
- Model A- 14’-16’ length. 68” Beam width. This model is suitable for V-hull fishing boats.
- Model B- Has a length of 14'-16' and a Beam of up to 90". This model is ideal for aluminum bass boats and V-hull boats.
- Model C- Suitable for outboards and I/O boats. Model C has a length of 16’-18.5 and a beam width of up to 94”.
- Model D- Measures 17’-19 inches long and 96” wide. Model D MSC boat covers are fit for V-hull runabouts.
- Model E- Has a length of 19’-20’ and a width of up to 96”. It’s suitable for V-hull runabouts.
- Model F- Has a length of 20’-22’ and a beam width of 100”. It is ideal for V-hull runabouts that are as wide.
4. Brightent Boat Cover
It’s made from a sturdy 600D woven polyester fabric, and the Brightent boat cover is available in three standard sizes. These sizes are ideal for boats that are 14'-16' long, 17'-19' long, and 20'-22' long. The width of the ships should be 90", 95", and 100", respectively.
This boat cover stands out because it has many straps that tie down so well to secure it on the boat. The cover is also durable, saving unnecessary spending for a few years. However, you should not expect extended longevity as this is a budget-friendly boat cover.
Additionally, the Brightent cover comes with a limited one-year warranty. It is suitable for runabouts, Tri-hulls, and V-hulls. This cover shows more attributes in cover details and overall performance.
- It is versatile as it’s available in three sizing options.
- It is made of waterproof and durable fabric.
- It features marine-grade boating accessories, including a 59 feet long strap for extra security, four lower belts, four upper belts, and a small storage bag.
- This boat cover is highly affordable, and it features a one-year warranty.
5. AmazonBasics Boat Cover
The AmazonBasics boat cover is made for V-hull runabouts and bass boats. This boat cover is made from 100% polyester fabric, which makes it sturdy. This fabric does not shrink or stretch; hence the cover stays consistently secure for a long time.
Due to its design, this boat cover permits trailering and keeps the boat under protection, whether it is in motion or under storage. The AmazonBasics boat cover is waterproof and hence easy to clean.
Another feature making this boat cover stand out is the presence of rear air vents that lets out the moisture. Its featherweight design makes it portable.
- This cover has a limited one-year warranty.
- It comes with custom straps that ease installation and keeps the cover secure.
- It is cost-effective; hence many boaters can afford it.
- Its material is designed for durability.
6. Goodsmann Reflective Polyester Boat Cover
The Goodsmann Reflective Polyester Boat Cover is a reflective, waterproof boat cover that offers ultimum protection to boats.
Although this boat cover is lightweight, the fabric has its seams double stitches with a strength thread for it to be sturdy enough. This boat cover protects your boat from UV rays, snow, and rainwater.
The cover has a built-in shock cord attached to it for extra protection. It also has an ingenious bow strap design that facilitates easy installation and removal. This cover has a good quality that keeps your boat looking amazing.
- It is reflective and durable.
- It has a double-stitched hemline that keeps it secure on the boat.
- Presence of a firm bow for easy installation and removal.
- It features a rope and stretch cords that pass around the hem for extra security.
7. NewPort Vessels Polyester Boat Cover
Made from heavy-duty 600D polyester, the Newport Vessels Polyester Boat Cover protects boats from the sun's UV rays.
This boat cover gives outstanding durability because it neither stretches nor shrinks. It has a durable strap and buckle system that allows it to fit most boat models. All you need to do is stretch or tighten the straps to fit your boat.
The NewPort Vessels boat cover has a mesh carrying bag for easy storage. You can easily carry it when not in use as it is portable. The mesh bag has extra room for other boating accessories as well.
- It is UV resistant.
- It offers excellent durability because it has interlocked seams.
- Comes as a complete set with a mesh storage bag.
The buckle and strap system makes it versatile to fit a wide range of boats.
8. Seamander Heavy Duty Waterproof Trailerable Boat Cover
The Seamander Heavy Duty Waterproof Trailerable Boat Cover offers all weather protection to your boat. This cover is ideal for protection from the sun, rain, wind, dust, and other elements. It is made using a 600D woven poly canvas fabric.
This boat cover has an excellent secure combination of adjustable straps and loops. With the straps and loops, the cover can withstand larger forces because it is secure.
The adjustable support pole on this cover prevents water from pooling on it. Therefore, the cover stays free from stains, mildew, and possible discoloration. This cover has a sewn-in elastic corded hem that keeps it secure even on windy days.
- It is made using a durable, marine-grade fabric that offers maximum protection against all elements.
- It has fitting straps that enable easy installation.
- It has an elastic cord that keeps the cover secure from being blown by strong winds.
- It has an extra storage bag.
- This cover fits the bass boats, fishing boats, Tri-hull runabouts, Trailerable boats, and Jon boats.
9. WeatherSafe Standard-Duty Trailerable
The WeatherSafe Standard-Duty Trailerable Boat Cover has a four-year limited warranty. This Bass Pro cover is made using 300-denier polyester fabric and includes a carrying bag.
The cover has a universal design that fits various boat styles. It keeps boats protected from mildew and water since it is water-repellent. This cover has an adjustable bow strap which helps reinforce the corners.
The WeatherSafe boat covers accessories include the 18"-wide three-layer windshield and a trolling motor pocket. This cover has adjustable straps and elastic hems to ensure a perfect fit.
- This cover does not stretch or shrink.
- It has adjustable straps and elastic hems for secure and proper installation.
- It ensures a snug fit.
- Its universal design fits various boat types.
- It has a full cut that creates extra room for other boating accessories.
10. RV Masking Waterproof 800D Polyester Trailerable Boat Cover
With the RV Masking Waterproof 800D Polyester Trailerable Boat Cover, you should not worry about your boat’s condition. This is because the cover offers maximum protection against all elements.
This cover is highly trailerable and is made using heavy-duty 800D polyester. This fabric has an anti-UV coating that protects the boat from UV rays. Additionally, this fabric is water resistant.
The RV boat cover is windproof as it features an elastic hem that gives a snug fitting. The cover is also breathable as it is equipped with a ventilation system.
- It is portable and easy to install.
- It features two air vents to keep it moisture-free.
- It features an elastic hem for a perfect fit.
- For maximum durability, this cover has total double stitches on its seams.
How to Choose the Best Boat Covers
Boat covers, like any other boating necessities, should feature some desirable characteristics. Choosing the best oat covers based on several factors allows you to buy a good product that will last longer and protect your boat at an affordable rate. So ensure you read on to learn the crucial factors you should consider.
Below are features to look out for while getting a boat cover.
All Weather Protection
A good boat cover should protect your boat from all weather conditions. Choose a boat cover with proper ventilation if you live in a humid environment.
Alternatively, your boat cover should protect your boat from rainwater, mildew, abrasions, damage from the sun, and dust.
It is good to consider choosing a trailerable boat cover. A cover of this variety stays fit on the boat and in a secure position.
Always consider buying a boat cover that is not bulky. Lightweight covers are easy to install and remove.
These covers are also easy to clean and can be folded for storage. They take less space in storage. Additionally, lightweight covers are portable.
Presence of Tie-Down Straps
While most covers will have tie-down straps, others do not have these good straps. A good boat cover should have elastic webbing and tie-down straps to hold the boat firmly.
Soft straps lead to breakage as the cover is not secure enough.
Have a Back Cover Support
Back cover supports to create a high point on the cover, preventing debris and water pockets from forming.
You should choose a boat cover with back cover support, primarily if you store your boat outside.
Have Reinforced Corners and Seams
Seams and corners undergo a lot of pulling. Your boat cover's corners and seams should be reinforced using extra fabric to prevent installation tearing.
Most boat manufacturers use polyester, poly-cotton, and polyester-canvas fabrics to make boat covers. These fabrics are sturdy enough. Therefore, they are durable.
Your boat cover’s fabric should be able to withstand harsh weather conditions.
While some manufacturers offer a warranty on their boat covers, others do not provide a warranty. Reputable brands offer limited and unlimited warranties for their products.
The lack of a warranty may indicate that the boat cover is not good enough.
About THE AUTHOR
I have a deep love of houseboating and the life-changing experiences houseboating has brought into my life. I’ve been going to Lake Powell on our family’s houseboat for over 30 years and have made many great memories, first as a child and now as a parent. My family has a passion for helping others have similar fun, safe experiences on their houseboat.Read More About Brian Samson